Skillshare is a fast pace growing learning community for creators. Anyone can take online classes, watch video lessons, create projects, and even teach a class themselves. Their mission is to unlock creativity around the world. Skillshare is a video web-based learning platform that allows anyone to sign up and teach a class. Students pay $10 a month (access to classes for just $0.99) for unlimited access to classes of the following categories: Photography, Publishing, Design, Fashion, Film, Food & Drink, Technology, Television, Advertising, Business, and Writing.
This fantastic platform has allowed artists financially and will allow you to do what you love from home as well. I started out teaching my first class, Digital Illustration: Start To Illustrate Your Style with procreate. Of course, anyone would be worried about how many would be enrolled, but I quickly surpassed that fear with the large membership of 850,000+ on Skillshare. My first class went so well I decided to teach a two more classes, "Learn How To Draw A Beautiful Digital Portrait" and "How To Make Ankara Style Patterns". I could have called it quits in the first class but here is why I taught two more classes!
1. Students on Skillshare see learning as a daily habit.
2. Each student who enrolls in your class automatically ‘follows’ you on Skillshare and is notified each time you publish new content.
3. Each month, Skillshare shares 50% of its membership revenue with teachers through their royalty program.
4. Membership provides a lower barrier to enrollment making it easier for students to join in on your class at any time.
5. Classes are expected to be short, approximately 45 minutes, and are broken into 4-9 minute videos.
6. You do not need a large platform to earn revenue.
7. By creating a course on Skillshare, you have the potential to introducing yourself as an expert to 850,000+ creatives who would love to learn from you.
8. You retain 100% ownership over course material.
9. They offer new teacher bonuses allowing you a bonus anywhere from $100 to $250 in addition to your royalties and referrals.
10. They offer chances to win prizes to their premium members!
Make some passive income by teaching on Skillshare! Start your class draft on Skillshare! Once you get around publishing your first course, share the course that your teaching with me on social media or in the comments! I would love to support you and your career and learn from you as well!
Follow me on Skillshare! Right now you can access all my classes for just $0.99. https://www.skillshare.com/r/cosmicmedium
Your creative Artist and Blogger.